Sunday 6 April 2008

Museum for Long Playings, Why Not




One of Indonesia television channels ANTV airs a programme entitled Berbagi Cerita (Sharing Stories) every Saturday. On 5 April 2008, they featured some museums in Indonesia, such as Museum Kretek (Museum for Cigarettes), Museum Kereta Api (Train), even Museum Makam (Cemetery). This programme attracts viewers like me not because it's host Irfan Hakim, but because it's content is really unique and inspiring -- like Irfan Hakim tags.

But what makes me curious so far, is there a museum for recorded music? Is there museum for long playing? The record industry owned by government Lokananta once ever opened it's door for public to show their products and later become their long play collections on August 2006, but what's next? Who cares to this long play Puspa Ragam by Thung Boen Liong which was not published by Lokananta any way? I think we need a museum for recorded music, even a data base for Indonesian musicians. This blog I think is such kind of that effort. Do you support my idea? *

1 comment:

marr said...

I really appreciate your effort, but it would be wonderfull if you uploaded the music aswell.