Wednesday 20 February 2008

Thriller, The Phenomenon


Michael Jackson is an other phenomenon in music industry. When I was 20-ies and only like experimental music (such as Red Buddha Theatre, Flairk, Popol Vuh), I did not like pop-music-like-Michael Jackson. But after watching movie entitled Moon Walker, I become admirer for Michael Jackson, especially for his dancing-like-moon-walking. Later, I can appreciate his pop music after hearing his song Little Suzie.

In my collections, I have a long playing by Michael Jackson entitled Thriller. I bought this album in Makati City Manila 1996. I realized later that this album is one of his valuable album. Wikipedia noted that Thriller was a gigantic hit that made Jackson the seminal icon of American culture at the time. Quoting Wikipedia, Jackson released a special 25th anniversary edition of Thriller, Thriller 25 in 2008, featuring a music video DVD and bonus remixes by contemporary artists such as will.i.am and Kanye West.*

No comments: